Who's using RST?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Who's using RST?

LightGuard
Administrator
I'm seriously considering dropping rst support in the next major version of awestruct (probably 0.6). It adds another dependency we don't need (nokogiri) and we have to do a system call out to python to even use it.

--
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Who's using RST?

Torsten Curdt
Never used it. I am OK with the dep to nokogiri but the system call to
python sucks.
I am OK to drop it.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Jason Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm seriously considering dropping rst support in the next major version of
> awestruct (probably 0.6). It adds another dependency we don't need
> (nokogiri) and we have to do a system call out to python to even use it.
>
> --
> Jason Porter
> http://en.gravatar.com/lightguardjp

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Archives: http://talk-archive.awestruct.org/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Who's using RST?

cody.lerum
In reply to this post by LightGuard
+1 to drop

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Jason Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm seriously considering dropping rst support in the next major version of
> awestruct (probably 0.6). It adds another dependency we don't need
> (nokogiri) and we have to do a system call out to python to even use it.
>
> --
> Jason Porter
> http://en.gravatar.com/lightguardjp

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Archives: http://talk-archive.awestruct.org/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Who's using RST?

LightGuard
Administrator
The rst extension is the only thing using nokogiri, if we drop rst support we can drop nokogiri too.


On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Cody Lerum <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 to drop

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Jason Porter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm seriously considering dropping rst support in the next major version of
> awestruct (probably 0.6). It adds another dependency we don't need
> (nokogiri) and we have to do a system call out to python to even use it.
>
> --
> Jason Porter
> http://en.gravatar.com/lightguardjp

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Archives: http://talk-archive.awestruct.org/
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]




--
Loading...